Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not One Stinkin' Card

My local Walmart is no help when it comes to collecting baseball cards. I went there today just to see what they had and there were Easter baskets in the normal card spot. I asked a clerk where the cards were, but she had no idea. So she called a manager and the response was that they had changed distributors. The old one took everything away. The new distributor will have cards at the store around the 20th, almost two weeks from now.

So during opening week, when you think interest in baseball would be highest, my Sturgis WalMart has not one baseball card in the entire store!

I looked at K Mart. They had plenty of stuff from 2007 and 2008, but nothing from 2009. The entire town is dry. And the nearest Target is just about an hour away.

Luckily, ebay hasn't run dry and I was able to pick up the WalMart variation Cubs cards. I really like the look. Here are the Cubs cards:























Tomorrow I will look at some much earlier versions of the Topps Black WalMart variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment