Friday, December 17, 2010

Welcome Home, Kerry Wood

Yesterday the Cubs signed Kerry Wood to a one year contract for the bargain rate of $1.5 million. This is good in so many ways. Its good to have Kerry Wood back. He was good as the setup man for Mariano Rivera, and should be good for Carlos Marmol. This is good because its such a bargain price. This is good because its not one of Jim Hendry's usual multi-year heavy back end deals.



And this is good because a couple weeks ago I picked up this card for a mere $2.51. Its a Leaf Limited autograph and its number 6 of 25. I was looking to add a Kerry Wood autograph card to my collection and for once, I timed it right. I bet now that he has re-signed with the Cubs, the prices of his Cubs cards will be up a bit.

So welcome back Kerry Wood and thanks for waiting until I bought my bargain card for signing with the Cubs!

1 comment:

  1. Kerry Wood just belongs to the Cubs! There he had his 20K game.

    From that era I have a Topps figurine with card from him. Maybe that rises in value too.

    ReplyDelete