Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Theo With Numbers

I was able to finish up my Aunt Millies Cubs set because a school mom that works for the bakery got me my final card---#2 Theo Epstein.  But the card was a bit different that the cards that were given out in bread.  It had square corners and it was unnumbered.

While I had the complete set, in a sense I didn't because of the one unnumbered card among ten other cards with numbers.  Luckily for me, I can now say that the set is completely complete!

Jon over at Community Gum read my Theo post and sent me an email, telling me that he had an extra numbered Theo.  Even better, he was willing to send it my way!  I gratefully accepted his kind offer.

Not only did he send me the card, but he sent it in a toploader with...


...blue tape.  Yea blue tape!!

Here's a look at the card removed from the holder...


...and here is the card's number...


...good old  number 086162.  Given the scarcity of these on ebay, its hard to believe that there are over 86,000 of these out there.

 I'm just happy to have one.  Thanks for your generosity, Jon.  I'm working on getting something to send your way.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to help! I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but the two that came out of my loaf of bread were consecutively numbered. Probably not significant, but there it is.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete