Monday, June 24, 2013

Archives Autographs, Finally

This took longer than it should have.

Four Cubs were on the Fan Favorite Autographs checklist.  On Ebay the autographs were plentiful and reasonable.  It took me just a few days to win all four.

Getting two of them took a little longer.  One was my fault.  I forgot to check the seller's location until after I won the auction.  The card was in Taiwan!  I knew it wasn't going to be here in a couple days.

The other delayed card...not my fault.  I won the auction on June 3rd.  But the slow-shipping seller didn't print a label until a week later, June 10.  And then for a week, nothing.  The USPS tracking showed only that the label was printed.  The card didn't make it to the post office.  On the 17th, two weeks after I paid for the card, and a week after the label was made, I emailed the seller.  A day later he responded that, yes, he did take the package to the post office.  He also said he'd check with his mailman.

I didn't believe him.

The next day, miraculously, the package finally showed up in the USPS system.  Cynical me figures my email inspired him to finally make a trip to the post office.  But at least the card was en route to me.  It arrived a couple days later.

 
 
 

So here are the four cards.  I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the four are four different card designs--no repeats.

I already have autographs of all four, but with two of them they are not certified.  Now I can compare them to see if any are fakes...

 

 

The Davis looks good.   The Durham...debatable. But now I don't have to worry about having a fake...I know the Archives is good...because Topps says so on the back of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment