Wednesday, February 21, 2018

2018 Kris Bryant Highlights

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time a Cubs player has been given his own insert set.  Two years ago there was a Wrigley Field insert set, but Kris Bryant becomes the first Cubs player to be so recognized.

The Kris Bryant highlight set has 30 cards.  As I said in a previous post, it seems like a stretch to come up with 30 career highlights for a guy with three years under his belt.

The highlight years break down like this:
2015 - 13 cards
2016 - 13 cards
2017 - 4 cards

It  looks like they should have done this set in 2017, since last season there wasn't much to add.

The set not only has the regular cards, but also blue and black parallels.  I got one of each when I bought my blaster and didn't even realize it.  Apparently many Sportlots sellers were in the same boat because of the 26 cards regular cards I ordered, I was given seven blues and one black.  For consistency, I'll probably go back and replace all the blues and blacks with base cards.


1 comment:

  1. Nice. I figured that kind of mixup would happen so close to the release date. And again...parallels of all inserts.

    ReplyDelete