Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Looking Back at 2019

I had to wait for the Bowman Heritage cards to arrive before I could recap the final year of the decade.

Total Number of Cubs cards in the collection from 2019: 480, which ranked sixth

Total Number of brands collected: 30 brands, the most of the decade. New or revived include Bowman Heritage, PKWY, Total, and Utz.



Brands and number of Cubs cards:
Topps - 102
Allen & Ginter - 44
Autographs - 5
Archives - 17
Big League - 18
Bowman - 17
Bowman Heritage - 7
Bowman's Best - 3
Chronicles - 3
Chrome - 10
Diamond King - 7
Donruss - 11
Factory team set - 17
Finest - 6
Fire - 6
Gallery - 9
Gold Label - 5
Gypsy Queen - 13
Heritage - 58
Holiday - 12
Living Set - 4
National Baseball Card Day - 10
Opening Day - 9
PKWY -2
Pro Debut - 8
Relics - 2
Stadium Club - 12
Topps Stickers - 22
Total - 30
Utz - 6

Ernie Banks - 1
Billy Williams - 7

The player with the most cards: Kris Bryant tops the list for the fourth year in a row, coming in with 62 cards.


The nastiest looking card:  He doesn't have his hand in his mitt and the unshaved look make for a nasty card.


My favorite card:  I really enjoy listening to Pat Hughes on the radio, so when I saw that he was included in archives, I was very happy.




3 comments:

  1. I love that Topps includes broadcasters on their Archives Fan Favorites Autograph checklist. I'd love to see them include Ken Korach, Jon Miller, or any other Bay Area baseball broadcasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great accomplishment! Nice Pat Hughes too!

    ReplyDelete