Wednesday, August 12, 2020

2000 Twizzlers Cubs

 I love Twizzlers, but they are loaded with sugar and carbs, making them a no-no for me.  I have to get my Twizzlers fix another way.  Baseball cards are a pretty good substitute.

In 2000, Twizzlers partnered up with Fleer and put out a 12-card set.  The cards were included in large packages of Twizzlers - win win!!


The front of the cards mimicked the base Fleer Traditions cards.  The red on the Sosa card would have looked great in a package of bright red Twizzlers.


The backs differed from the base set in that they had different numbering (x of 12) and a Twizzlers logo in the bottom right.

In 2001 Twizzlers changed partners and teamed up with Upper Deck.  The ten-card set didn't include any Cubs, so it means nothing to me!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool set. Shame there weren't any Padres or A's on the checklist. And I wonder how many of these are sitting in boxes of collectors who think they're regular 2000 Fleer Tradition base cards.

    ReplyDelete