Tuesday, August 23, 2022

O-Pee-Chee 1974 - Incomplete

 The 1974 is the last of my three incomplete sets.  The 1974 set was a complete duplicate of the Topps set, all 660 cards.  This was the first time Topps issued all the cards at once and OPC did the same thing.  There weren't any high number cards to worry about.  

That made it seem odd that I would have trouble finding any of the cards.  Even odder, the cards I'm missing are no-name rookie cards. I was originally missing four of the rookie cards when I started putting the OPC sets together last winter.  Two of them have since showed up, but I'm still missing two.

The rookies on the missing cards are not big names.  One card, #603, has Barry Foote, Tom Lundstedt, Charlie Moore, and Sergio Robles. The rookies on the other card, #604, are Terry Hughes, John Knox, Andre Thornton, and Frank White.  I can't figure out what makes those two cards so tough to find.


The fronts are identical to the Topps cards.

The backs have a change of color along with the usual bilingual changes.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment