Saturday, March 28, 2009

Clubhouse Lawyers

For some unknown reason, when I was putting together my Bowman team set I forgot to get the 1991 cards. Well, this week I solved that problem and the set arrived in the mail. 1991 was the third year for the Bowman brand, and they were starting to lean more towards rookies and draft picks. Of the 25 players in the Cubs set, seven had no major league experience.

One of the seven was a player I had never heard of, Sean Cheetham. Sean was a high school pitcher taken in the 4th round of the 1990 draft. It must have been his fourth round status that earned him a place in the set. But this would be his only card. He spent 1991 and 1992 in Class A ball with Winston-Salem. He started 17 games in 1991 and had a 4-5 record. Things got worse in 1992. He had an 0-4 record with a 9.76 ERA in seven starts and at the age of 21 his baseball career was over.

But what interested me more than his short career was his last name. As soon as I read the name I thought of that famous law firm of comedy. So with the help of a couple of other players, I present the law firm of

Dewey



Cheetham



and Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment