Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Topps Heritage Flip 2009

After my unusual find at Walmart this morning, I knew I had to go back this afternoon. As soon as things were wrapped up at school, I made a mad dash to the store to see what was going on. I started digging around the card aisle and found nothing new. I figured my early morning find was a fluke. But then, something in the very back caught my eye. I saw the Heritage logo on a box, or so I thought. It seemed like the logo. but when I picked up the box and looked closer, the logo was flipped. What was this??



I started reading the box. It said Topps Heritage Flip 2009. These were 2009 cards with 1960 players and pictures. The Heritage concept was flipped around! Have any of you heard about this product or seen any sell sheets? I totally missed it.

Well, I flipped out too. This was very cool. I only saw one box so I snagged it and was off to the checkout.

As soon as I got home I tore into the thing. Again, I struck Cubbie gold. There were four Cubs cards and a Walmart black card too. Take a look for yourself.


Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. As a kid I never pulled one of these out of a pack, ever. Today, I got two!



George Altman, swinging for the fences



Moe Drabowsky, how can you not love a player named Moe!



Glen Hobbie, with kind of a dorky look on his face



And the sweetest card of all, an Ernie Banks black Walmart variation card




This has been my lucky day! Blog Bat Around V finished a week too soon. 2010 Heritage in the morning. Heritage Flip this afternoon. Today would have been a great day to write about. No foolin!!

1 comment:

  1. The creative juices are flowing big time. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete