Saturday, June 27, 2009

Goudey Goodies

I've been going back and forth for a while whether to work on putting together Goudey Cubs sets. I wasn't too familiar with the product until I read some of the other blogs talking about it. Well, I finally gave in and said, what the heck...go for it.

With only three years of releases, this wasn't too tough to complete. I started with the 2009 cards. Getting the base set was easy, there were plenty of those available.

Here are the seven regular print cards from the base set:



Kosuke Fukudome



RIch Harden



Derrek Lee



Aramis Ramirez



Alfonson Soriano



Geovany Soto



Carlos Zambrano

There were two short print cards of Cubs greats, Ryne Sandberg and Ron Santo.





Two Cubs were a part of the Sports Royalty subset, Ernie Banks and Ryne Sandberg.





And finally, there were four Cubs in the Heads Up subset, Ernie Banks, Derrek Lee, Alfonso Soriano, and Derrek Lee.











That's a total of 15 Cubs cards from 2009. It took a little luck and a lot of Buy it Now, but I'm glad I put the set together. I'll show you 2007 and 2008 in the next week or so.

2 comments:

  1. I'm mostly a Topps collector, but I also decided to go for the Goudey Cubs sets. In addition to the cards you listed above, there is a Goudey Graphs card of Santo, and a jersey card of Billy Williams. But the only base card of Williams is in the 4-in-1 subset, which I have not collected yet. Finally, although he is not part of the official Cubs set, the Kerry Wood card does feature him in a Cubs uni.

    Looking forward to seeing your 07 and 08 sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about getting the Kerry Wood card, but since it lists his team as Indians, I decided not too. I too am working on the 4-in-1 set, and have about two more of those to got. I counted 12 of them that included a Cub.

    ReplyDelete