Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2010 Bowman Cubs

My Bowman Cubs arrived a few days ago. I'm a little late to the party, so I don't feel the need to do much of a review of the overall product. Honestly, the Bowman stuff does nothing for me. I feel like I get them now more out of a sense of obligation than excitement. I just don't feel like stopping and having a hole in my collection.

The cards are black.....again. Ho hum. I'm a team collector, not a rookie prospector, so the prospects don't do much for me. Thanks to Bowman and the Cubs lousy scouting, I've got a binder full of dud prospects. A quick check of my binder shows that none of the prospects from 2007 to 2009 are in the majors (though one, Justin Berg, was just sent down by the Cubs).

Among the base cards, there are six Cubs. They are the usual suspects: Dempster, Fukudome, Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, and Zambrano. All six were among the ten Cubs in the 2009 set.













There are eight Cubs prospects. The big name is Starlin Castro. The rest, well, we shall see.


















1 comment:

  1. For someone reading through your blog in late 2014 this is an interesting page. I'd give the Cubs a stat line of 3-for-8. Castro, of course, and Cashner and LeMahieu. For my last game at Wrigley this year I saw Logan Watkins boot away a game with two misplays against the Dodgers. On the upside, this should be the day they announce the hiring of Joe Maddon!

    ReplyDelete