Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two More '52 Cubs, The Last Two For A While

Here are the most recent '52 pick ups, and, at least for a while, my last two.



Gene Hermanski, with his Blue eyes and brown hair.



Johnny Klippstein; brown eyes and brown hair.

These two cards bring my 1952 total to 19 cards. That's the good news. The bad news is that the nine cards I have left are all from the high number series and those are crazy expensive.

For the 19 cards I've got I spent a total of $162.74 including shipping. That averages out to $8.57 per card, which isn't too bad at all. The seven card lot I bought early on was a big help with the cost.

I knew the high numbers were going to cost more, but I didn't figure on at least 10 time more. I've been tracking raw card sales of the nine that are left for about a month now. The average price is $103.45 per card! That is $30 more than I paid for my '54 Ernie Banks rookie card. Last week only one raw card of the nine I needed was sold. It was pretty beat up and it went for $40.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I'm going to have to pay more for a card of Warren Hacker than I paid for Mr. Cubs' rookie card. So my plan is to just lay low and keeping watching for when a deal comes along. I'm not in any rush at all to get these last nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment