Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Triple Play Cubs

Yesterday I said that I'm generally staying away from the unlicensed stuff for the team sets.  Today I've got my exception, Triple Play.  The only reason I'm bothering with it is because of the Donruss Triple Play sets put out in the early '90s.  When Panini brought the name back last year, it made sense to add it to the other Triple Play sets.....gotta keep the collection complete!  And with a new release this year, I've added it as well.

Three Cubs were on the 100 player checklist...




....Starlin Castro, Anthony Rizzo, and Alfonso Soriano.

I find the various backgrounds on the cards interesting.  Soriano's is the best, the Chicago skyline.  Rizzo's looks like wallpaper you used to find in a kid's bedroom.   And Castro doesn't even have a background.

Among the inserts, only one card...


....this red sticker of Starlin Castro, included a Cub.

1 comment:

  1. I just did a write up about this set a few days ago. I don't understand the Rizzo background at all.

    ReplyDelete