Thursday, August 21, 2014

Following the Rule, Fujiwaka Style

I have already picked up an autograph of Kyuji Fujikawa, so I've met my rule of one autographed card of any Cub with a certified auto issued during a year they played for the Cubs and showing them as a Cub.


This card came out last year, and since Fujikawa pitched a couple games for the Cubs last year, it fit the rule.

What about relics?  I follow the same rule for relics.  I couldn't find any stand-alone relic cards, but there were several auto/relic cards from last year's Finest.  Last year I stayed away from these--too expensive. But with more than a year passing since he pitched in the big leagues, the prices dropped to my level.  I got this card for $3.26.


Now that I have it, and when Fujikawa returned to the Cubs a couple weeks ago, I could cross Fukikawa off of the relic list (and gives me a bonus scribble autograph).

By my count, he is one of 64 Cubs that match my relic rule.  Here's the list that I've put together.  There are several big names and a bunch of no-names too.  Anyone see a player that you think should be on the list?

Arismendy Alcantara       Rich HardenMike Olt
Moises AlouBrendan HarrisCorey Patterson
Darwin BarneyKevin HartCarlos Pena
Francis BeltranBobby HillFelix Pie
Damon BufordRich HillJuan Pierre
Marlon ByrdTodd HundleyMark Prior
Andrew CashnerBrett JacksonAramis Ramirez
Starlin CastroJacque JonesAnthony Rizzo
Hee Seop ChoiEric KarrosJeff Samardzija
Tyler ColvinDavid KeltonAlfonso Soriano
Juan CruzBryan LaHairSammy Sosa
Ryan DempsterDerrek LeeGeovany Soto
Blake DeWittTed LillyRyan Theriot
Jason DuboisKenny LoftonDarryle Ward
Jim EdmondsGreg MadduxTodd Wellemeyer
Mike FontenotCarlos MarmolRandy Wells
Kyuji FujikawaSean MarshallRondell White
Kosuke FukudomeGary Matthews, Jr.      Jerome Williams
Nomar GarciaparraFred McGriffKerry Wood
Matt GarzaBill MuellerCarlos Zambrano
Mark GraceJose NievesJulio Zuleta
Mark Grudzielanek

1 comment: