Saturday, December 15, 2018

Billy's Bat

The 2018 edition of Panini's National Treasures came out in late September.  Billy Williams was included on one of the checklists.  I recently picked up this...


...from the Hall of Fame materials set.  It's got two slices from a bat.  There were just 49 of these made .  I was able to get it for $6.26.  That seems like a good deal to me.

You may notice something else about the price.  The last two digits are 26.  I do that all the time when I am buying cards of a particular player.... I use his uniform number for the cents. 

Bidding on Billy, and my bid ends with 26.  Darwin Barney bids all end with 15.  Now you know how you can outbid me.

As I do when possible, I have fixed...


... the Panini logo removal.  I guess that Panini is afraid of the state of Illinois because they removed the state's centennial patch from his jersey.  I wouldn't have thought that would be necessary since it's not an MLB thing.

1 comment: