Tuesday, July 9, 2019

2019 Topps Series 2 Cubs

I'm a bit late with these.  Vacation and then getting caught up slowed me down.  Also slowing me was the fact that several of these players are not even on the Cubs roster right now. 

In fact, a couple haven't even played an inning yet.  I'd expect that in the first series.  But by series 2, Topps should have a better idea of who to include.

 


These three have yet to play a big league inning in 2019. Morrow has been hurt, Happ has been striking out, and FIeld.... Johnny Field?  How he made the checklist is a complete mystery to me.

Davis was with the Cubs only because Victor Caratini was hurt.  He's back in AAA and will stay there if Contreras and Caratini stay healthy.


Edwards is on the IL, and has also spent time in AAA.  I'm not sure what to expect from him the rest of the season.



 
 
 
 
 

These others are all on the roster right now and contributing. 


Baez and Contreras are the Windy City Warriors, fronting the checklist for cards 675-700.

3 comments:

  1. I think my favorite is the Cishek card. I love his delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to Google Johny Field...never even heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are your predictions for the Traded series for Cubs?

    ReplyDelete