Wednesday, February 17, 2021

My First 2021 Card

 I have my first 2021 card in hand and its my first from 1951 as well.

This is from the on-line only 1951 Topps set by artist Blake Jameson.  Topps used the template from their first set, 1951, and Jameson provided the player's image.  There were 13 cards issued each of the four weeks in January.  You'd get the 13 cards for $19.99.  They were available for just the one week and then cut off, like the Living Set.

Cubs were included in three of the four weeks, which is a really good turnout. The Baez card comes from week #1.  That week's set had a print run of 7,679.

I expect to be getting the other two Cubs cards in the next week or two.  One came from the second week and the other was from week 3.  I'll get them posted as they arrive.

2 comments:

  1. I grabbed the Week 2 set, because it had several players I collect. Didn't even consider that they're my very first 2021 cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sharp looking card. I didn't see these when they were available on-line. I love me some secondary market! LOL

    ReplyDelete