Thursday, February 25, 2021

They Did Photoshop the Picture, Just Not Enough

 

I showed the 2021 Topps variation card for Ernie Banks yesterday.  I made the comment that I liked the picture but I would have Photoshopped out the green railing.  It is very distracting, right in the middle of the picture.

 

This is the original photo Topps used, and as it turns out, they already did some Photoshopping.  They took the time to get rid of that other arm on the railing.  I'm glad they noticed the ugly arm and decided to get rid of it.  So why didn't they recognize the big green railing that was still there?  Getty Images has plenty of other pictures to choose from.  This is one Topps should have skipped.


7 comments:

  1. Nice detective work! Yes, we are definitely not used to seeing big green railings out front and center in our baseball cards. But it does have a certain character and uniqueness--definitely not the same ol' same ol'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with bbcardz. The railing doesn't block anything but his jacket, and at least it's different. I'd leave it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bigger issue is Topps using it's image sharping software. I think the original photo looks cleaner and more life like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I actually like the original photo better, because it isn’t quite as zoomed in. You can actually tell his arm is resting on the railing. They zoomed in too much in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Theses just too much railing in the card.

      Delete
  5. And I actually like the original photo better, because it isn’t quite as zoomed in. You can actually tell his arm is resting on the railing. They zoomed in too much in my opinion

    ReplyDelete