Tuesday, July 30, 2024

2024 Cubs #46 & 47

 Today I have two new Cubs, sort of.

I should have make a card for Ethan Roberts at the beginning of the month, as he first pitched for the Cubs this year on June 30.  He went on to have four scoreless appearances before being returned to AAA on July 13.  Somehow over that time I forgot to make a card for him and just realized that mistake when I was looking over the Cubs pages at Baseballreference.com.  Sorry about that Ethan!

Catcher Christian Bethancourt became 2024 Cub #47 on Sunday.  The veteran catcher had been obtained off of waivers on July 5 after being released by the Marlins.  When backup Tomas Nido was placed on the IL on July 26, Bethancourt was activated.  

Also on Sunday the Cubs made a big trade with the Rays, getting Isaac Paredes for Christopher Morel and a couple of others.  I'll have the Paredes card in a day or two.

2 comments:

  1. How's the Nate Pearson experience working out so far. Checks box score, about the same as the Jays Nate Pearson experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His debut yesterday was.... interesting. I'll have his card tomorrow.

      Delete