Friday, July 26, 2024

Fixed Some More Sportflics

Yesterday I wrote about how I fixed my scan of the 1986 Sportlics Billy Williams card to show his face instead of Tony Olivia's.

That fix job sent me on another fixit project.


This is what many of my scans from this set look like.  Because the Sportflic cards have three pitcures on them, the scans can sometimes look like a jumbled mess.  I decided that each card should actually have three images, not just one.

I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of the card at different angles to capture all three of the pictures. Then it was off to do some image editing to get the cards at the right perspective.


This is what I ended up with, a look at all three of the images.  Typically in the 1986 set, there is a portrait picture along with two action pictures.  

I wasn't always able to get clear pictures of some of the images, but I think you get the idea as to what the three pictures look like.

Below are the rest of the Cubs cards from the set, with all three images for each.  Except for Ernie Banks, the two action shots are from the same play, so I put them in the order in which they happened.








And since it was a pretty quick and easy process, I made GIFs of the images too, so you can see the action like you were thumbing through a flip book.









4 comments: