Friday, March 14, 2014

The 1969 Topps Stamp Album Cubs

No complaining today about overused pictures or logo-less cards. Instead, I've got a nice vintage piece, the 1969 Topps Stamp Album.

Topps had stamps as inserts in both the 1961 and 1962 sets. Seven years later they brought the stamps back, but this time as a stand alone product. For a nickel you got a panel of 12 stamps, a team album, and a piece of gum. There were ten players for each team, making a total of 240 players in the set. However, there were 24 different sheets of twelve players, so some players were on more than one sheet.

I've been looking at these for a while, but most I've found were overpriced. I patiently waited until one showed up in my price range.

Since this is a 1969 product, it features my favorite floppers, the 1969 Chicago Cubs. All the big names were included....Banks, Williams, Santo, Jenkins, plus all the other stars.






The autographs were a nice touch. Most Topps cards in that era didn't have autographs on them.

2 comments: