Tuesday, May 31, 2016

All I've Got of Him: Travis Wood

I'm starting a new feature that I'll run from time to time. I think the name pretty well describes what I'll be doing - showing all the cards I've got of a certain player.

Let's kick this off with all the cards I've got of Travis Wood.  He might seem like an odd choice to start off something new, but I've got a reason.  Wood is currently the longest tenured Cub.  He joined the team in 2012 and is now in his fifth season with the Cubs.  That shows you just how much the roster has turned over.

Wood isn't exactly a superstar, so his card offerings have been pretty slim.  I have just 15 cards of Travis Wood, which averages out to just three per year.  He's only been in the major Topps brands, the flagship, Heritage, and Gypsy Queen.  He made the Donruss set once, Topps stickers once, and has been in the Topps factory team set a few times.  One oddity:  he has a autograph card in 2012 Gypsy Queen but no base card.  He didn't get a base GQ until 2014.

Take a look at all I've got of Travis Wood:

8 comments:

  1. He threw one heckuva game yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the "All I've Got of Him" of Ryno. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you notice the pitching line yesterday? W-Wood, L-Wood. Can't happen too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was also a Dodgers pitcher Baez who faced batter Javier Baez.

      Delete
  4. Do you only start collecting a player when they become a Cub (so do you not have any Reds cards of him?) Just curious! And if you only collect Cubs what do you do when a player is traded??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are from my Cubs team sets. I don't have a player collection of Wood. Once a player is traded, I wouldn't have any more of them since they would no longer be in the Cubs team sets.

      Delete
  5. Do you only start collecting a player when they become a Cub (so do you not have any Reds cards of him?) Just curious! And if you only collect Cubs what do you do when a player is traded??

    ReplyDelete