Friday, November 17, 2017

2017 Chrome Update Cubs

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea that there were Chrome Update cards.

Chrome Update first appeared in 2013  It was a 55-card set that was available only in retail mega-boxes.  These boxes contained five packs of regular Update cards and two chrome packs.  I looked over the checklist and realized why I Chrome Update was off of my radar -- the set didn't contain a single Cub.  No Cubs, no interest.

When Topps put out a 2014 version, the checklist snubbed the Cubs once again.  Chrome Update was dead to me.  Or at least it was forgotten by me.

So even though there were Cubs in each of the next three years, I had forgotten about the set,  I was genuinely surprised when I saw a blurb about Chrome update 2017.  And then I saw that there were four Cubs.

 
 
 

There's four Cubs cards but three players as two of Ian Happ's cards made the checklist.  

Once I realized that there was a Chrome Update for the past five years, I had to do some catching up.  Stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment