Today I'd like to throw out a few scattered Ebay thoughts.
1) There are some great sellers out there. Three times in the past month or two, I reached out to some sellers to see if they would change a listing for me as I was working on a particular set. Each time they were agreeable and helpful.
2) Some sellers must own shares of 3M the way they use scotch tape on their packages. The cards are wrapped up so tight I'm afraid I might damage the card to get it freed from its tape jail.
3) Many sellers overcharge on shipping as a way of recouping their Ebay fees, even though that is a big Ebay no-no. The postage on a 3 oz. bubble mailer via Paypal is $1.69. Several cards will fit. Add a few cents for the mailer, penny sleeve, and toploader and you should be around $2. Very rarely will you pay $2 for shipping--seems like $3 is the standard cost. Sellers will say that you know the cost and if you don't like it...don't bid. I say, if you charge $3 for shipping, I should get $3 worth of shipping. If you only give me $2 service, your stars may get dinged.
4) Why does the time and auction is listed not show up on many listings anymore? I'll do a couple searches a couple times a day and not having the time listed show up is a real pain. For a while it wasn't showing up on any listings. Now it's on maybe half. I hope Ebay can fix whatever the glitch is so that it shows up on all the listings again.
5) The best offer sale prices are not shown on a completed listings search, but there is a way around that. This site, http://sortsof.com/, will show all completed listings, including best offers. It's also a nice way to compare different items side by side. The only negative is that the completed listings only go back two weeks, which usually isn't far enough back to give me five listings for my monthly set price checks.
Anyone else got any Ebay thoughts to share? Different issues? Same issues? Am I way off base?