Thursday, August 24, 2017

Ballparks Of the 1969 Set

Paging through the 1969 Topps set, I was able to identify seven different ballparks (not counting any spring training sites).


The most unexpected ballpark in the 1969 set would have to be the Polo Grounds, which was last used by the Mets in 1963.  Topps was really digging into their files for some of these pictures.

 

The most expected would be Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium.


Connie Mack Stadium makes an appearance, as the park is just a couple years away from its last game.


It looks like the Topps photographer caught an Indians / Angels series in Cleveland because there are cards for players from both team at Cleveland Municipal Stadium.


This is very obviously Fenway Park.


And we end with Wrigley Field.



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about the details you pick up on, on baseball cards. -Informative and entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why but I somehow got that Sammy Ellis card signed TTM when I was a kid. You know your ballparks! I could have gotten the obvious ones but not Cleveland or the Polo Grounds, or Connie Mack.

    ReplyDelete