Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fleer City Patch #3

In February 2015 I picked up some Fleer cloth patches including


the "city" patch.

As with most of the Fleer products from that era, there were different variations.  I picked up the second version, so of course I had to get the first one, too.


That was taken care of in December, 2015.

All was fine until a year later.  In November, 2016, I had a post on acquiring a third version of a different Fleer patch.  That brought a comment from FleerFan (who is the ultimate authority on early Fleer products).

He said "I'm not sure if you are aware, but these same variations exist for the patches with the City/Logo as well. I haven't had a chance to post the 3rd variation on my blog (http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/2008/03/fleer-baseball-cloth-patches-chicago.html) yet, but I finally found one recently. I will try to post it when I get a chance."

Another quest was on.


Another quest was completed!

My newest patch is actually the second of the three.  Below are the three in order, left to right.


The first patch has a lighter shade of blue and very small "UBS" letters.  The second one has a darker blue and the UBS is larger, but closer to the C.  In the final version, the UBS has been moved over to the right.

So now I'm done with these...unless I get another comment from FleerFan!

1 comment:

  1. Great work on tracking down the 3rd variation. It took me quite a while to find that patch. Glad you were able to find it!

    ReplyDelete