Thursday, June 21, 2018

Deleted Searches Have Come Back to Life

I'm sure that many of us card collectors use Ebay on a regular basis.  it's like having a card shop on your desktop. 

Ebay's saved searches feature is very handy.  I look forward each morning to an email telling me that something I've been looking for has been listed.

Lately, though, I've been getting some odd emails.


All of these are for 1952 high number Topps Cubs.  I was was chasing them back in 2015.  After my hunt was complete, I deleted the saved searches.  I didn't need to know that a 1952 Toby Altwell card was listed.

Yet for some reason, about two weeks ago I started getting these emails from Ebay, three years after the saved searches were deleted.

Has anyone one else had the same thing happen?

Within the email is a place to go to stop getting them.  When I click on that...


.... this is what I get, an  error message.  So something at Ebay is messed up. I hope they fix it quickly.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first I have heard of this issue and I have all kinds of saved searches for player collections. I hope they get it straightened out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had this particular issue. However... normally I receive my saved eBay searches in my mailbox while I sleep. The past week or so... they have been arriving sporadically throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was getting saved searches for comics I used to collect around 2012. I just thought I never took them off my saved searches. Maybe it is a glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't deleted any (I kind of like to follow prices on things I've picked up) but I have noticed the same scheduling differences that Fuji has. They used to come at 11AM, then about 2 weeks ago they started coming in the evening. Now they come at 530 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MIne weren't deleted but they were unclicked. I'm getting some of them too.

    ReplyDelete