Friday, July 30, 2021

All I've Got of Him - Anthony Rizzo

 This is a post I wish I didn't have to write.  I knew it was coming, but I was holding out hope that things might change.

They didn't.

A cornerstone of the franchise for the past ten seasons is gone.

He caught the most memorable final out in Cubs history.  Now he is history, as far as the Cubs are concerned.

I like Anthony Rizzo.  He plays hard but he has fun.  He supports the community.  He loved being a Cub.  He is a good guy.

I have 376 different cards of Rizzo in my collection.  Not bad for a guy that I don't collect as a player.  I'm sure that there will be a few more Cubs cards of him in future releases so my collection isn't finished.  I wish that there would be Cubs cards of him in 2022.

5 comments:

  1. Guess I'll pull for the Yankees now...gahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you will do Bryant tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sad to see the whole Cubs infield sold off for peanuts. The Rizzo to NY trade really annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I have 150+ Rizzo cards... and like you, I never really collected him.
    Yesterday was a tough day. I guess we'll be fighting with the Pirates for last place in the NL Central next year. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete