Tuesday, January 16, 2024

2005 First Pitch Cubs

The 2005 edition of First Pitch has 330 cards, duplicates of the first 300 cards from Upper Deck's base set plus 30 additional short prints.  Those 300 Upper Deck cards came out in November, 2004 while First Pitch came out in February 2005.  That doesn't seem like a first pitch to me.  

Also, any star players not in UD's first series are missing from First Pitch.  So no Kerry Wood, Aramis Ramirez, Nomar Garciaparra, Greg Maddux, or Carlos Zambrano.  This is the opposite of Topps Opening Day, which includes players in the second series.  But First Pitch does have a card for Jason Dubois among the short prints that UD base doesn't,  so we have that bonus (he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek).

I'm missing another short print, #326, which is a duo card featuring Mark Prior and Michael Barrett.  It is on my most wanted list.  I've got all of the other eleven Cubs, shown below.


 

 

 



 

1 comment:

  1. I got a free repack from one of the dealers I bought from at a card show this weekend, and it included a few cards from 2003 First Pitch. I wasn't exactly sure what that even was. They were "Star Rookies" which weren't rookie cards of guys who never became stars, but, hey, one was a Met, so I'm not unhappy.

    ReplyDelete