Thursday, January 25, 2024

One Thing Leads to Another... 1995 Skybox Emotion

 One thing leads to another, or in today's case, one card leads to 62.

Reader Chad gifted me this card of Mark Grace.  It is from the insert set D-Fense, which was part of the 1996 set E-Motion XL.  

I was completely ignorant of the E-Motion sets, and Skybox in general.  So I did some digging and found twelve different sets put out by Skybox and I decided I should get them.  Most of the sets were 200-300 card sets with 5-8 Cubs cards in each. The cards were readily available on Sportlots for the most part.

With the exception of one card, I've got the project wrapped up and I'll be showing the results over the next several posts.

I start with the 1995 set, E-Motion.  This was a ultra premium set, with the card stock being double the thickness of regular cards.  A pack of eight cards set you back $4.99.

The cards design also includes a large-printed descriptive word for each of the 200 players in the set.  This was to complement the theme of the cards, emotion.  There is a blog that is going through the set with a post on each of the words if you want to dig a little deeper.

The six Cubs are intent, working, satisfied, lethal, style, and primed.



 

 


1 comment:

  1. I love the '95 set, thanks for mentioning the blog. It's been on hiatus for a while probably time to get it going again and get the set wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete