Friday, March 6, 2015

I Finally Got Them ALL!!

In this post from just about a month ago, I wrote that I needed just one more card to have a complete run of all the Cubs cards from Topps.

For years my collection was missing the nine high-number Cubs from the 1952 set. A set break of less than minty cards netted me eight of the nine.  Hal Jeffcoat, #341, was the lone holdout.

Hal has now reported!


There he is in all of his creased, rounded-corners glory.  The condition of this card matches the rest of my high-numbers, which is well-loved.

The hole in my binder has been filled.  The hole in my collection has been filled.  The hole in my wallet... well, that will re-fill eventually.

I can now proudly say that I have all of the Topps Cubs cards, instead of having to say I have all* the Topps Cubs cards.
*with some reprints

I've put together a tile with ALL of the 1952 Cubs cards.  Enjoy!

 


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! They look nice laid out altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Now you can start collecting Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate them as a franchise but I have to admit I like the uniforms and they do look good on cards. If you had to collect any other team what would it be?

      Delete
    2. Weird choice, but I'd go after the Expos. I always liked the look of their logo and uniform. And I'd only have to go back to 1969.

      Delete
    3. Good choice. Long live Coco Laboy!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on completing the Topps run. Those cards do look beautiful laid out like that.

    I do wish I could do the entire Topps set of Yankees, but there are a few cards that, unless I win the lottery or land one of the 100,000.00 per year gigs, I will have to only dream of owning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, awesome looking collection and year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on completing the run! I've been chipping away at the Pirates run for the past few years.

    ReplyDelete