Thursday, December 8, 2016

So Long Soler

It looks like its so long to Jorge Soler.

He's off to Kansas City in exchange for closer Wade Davis.

I'm not surprised by the deal.  I'm not disappointed either.

Soler was decent, but he has really become the odd man out.  The Cubs have too many outfielders and someone had to go.  As long as Soler still has some trade value, moving him makes sense.  Getting a closer in return helps, too.

I don't think the Cubs ever felt they'd be able to re-sign Chapman.  Rondon didn't seem very good when he came back from the DL at the end of the year.  Davis is a decent option.

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss Jorge's potential, but that's all it right now: potential. And, you're right. He was the odd man out and now he gets an opportunity to have a major league career. Davis isn't a bad pick up, I just hope he pitches more games in the playoffs than he has trips to the DL. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete