I did make an exception, though.
While I'm happy to add another Billy card, I'm still scratching my head Topps pairing of him with Ben Zobrist...
- Billy spent almost his entire career with the Cubs; Zobrist has been with the team for one.
- Billy was a left handed batter while Zobrist is a switch hitter
- Billy had a sweet swing, while Zobrist has that funky wiggle before he takes a rip.
- Billy played left field while Zobrist spent most of the season at second base, with a little outfield thrown in.
- Billy hit for power, averaging 28 homers per season, Zobrist averages ten less
- Billy is in the Hall of Fame, Zobrist would only make the Hall of Versatility.
And what do they have in common?
- Billy played for the Cubs, Zobrist played for the Cubs.
I guess that is good enough.