Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day One Year Later

Here is my Labor Day post from last year:

Labor Day became an official holiday in 1894, signed into law by President Grove Cleveland.



Grover Cleveland Alexander pitched for the Cubs.

Now get off of the computer and enjoy your day off!

P.S. The Cubs are 40 games over .500 and their magic number is 11.  I will enjoy my day off!!!

The Cubs were 40 games over .500, and this year they are 14.  Their magic number was 11 and right now it is 23.  That is trending in the wrong direction.   But I am guardedly optimistic, as they have been playing much better since the All Star break.  Just keep getting better, make the post-season, and then let's see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. It's not where you start it's where you finish. (not really any less guarded than you really)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the Dodgers have finally cooled off. Anything can happen in September. Well... maybe not anything. Both of my teams will miss the playoffs AGAIN. I'll still enjoy watching the pennant race this season... especially in the NL.

    ReplyDelete