Saturday, October 24, 2020

Topps Heritage Without Logos

 Let's go back to the bizarro world where Panini has the MLB exclusive and Topps has to go logoless.  I've already done the base set.  Today I'll explore Heritage.

I'd have to assume that Topps would still do Heritage.  After all, they have their original designs to work with.  This year's Heritage used the 1971 design.  To go logoless, they'd have to change the top of the card, using the city name instead of the team name.  Otherwise, no modifications are needed.

I made two cards and I used the actual pictures from real 2020 Heritage cards.  In both cases, I only needed to remove the logo from the hat. No other logos were visible.  

I also made a Heritage logo for the hats.  It's the Heritage logo, but I kept just the H.  I didn't think the full logo would look good.  It would have been too long.



I'd still buy Heritage with no logos.  How about you??

4 comments:

  1. I like the logo you created... but I doubt I'd go out of my way to buy Heritage without logos. Heck... I don't really go out of my way to buy Heritage to begin with. Although next year that'll change with the 1972 design coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd certainly buy the logo-less Heritage if all the cards had the player's name misspelled to put anatomical jokes in them! B^}

    OK, ribbing aside...I end up buying more Topps than Panini products, but for me it's mostly a matter of what I can get at a good price. If Donruss made their product cheaper than Topps', I'd buy it more, you know? I usually buy unopened product when I can get some sort of discount--clearance, coupons, guys at shows selling them for less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I'd like to say that I did that on purpose like Topps does, to create a SSP error card. But no, I just screwed up.. and the card has now be fixed.

      Delete
  3. Vendors printing and selling unlicensed cards is a waste.
    A waste of their time, cardboard, and our money.

    It's also an insult that these companies assume there is a market for these. (Yes, I know people buy them, but there's no accounting for lemmings that will scoop up any crap that's available.)

    ReplyDelete