Wednesday, February 28, 2024

2024 Topps Series One Cubs Inserts - 1989 Topps

My count has twelve basic insert sets in 2024 Topps Series One. The Cubs were shut out in half of them.  The six with no Cubs are 2023 All-Topps Team, Home Run Challenge, Homefield Advantage, Legendary Homefield Advantage, Superstar Blueprint, and Topps Mega Stars.

I'll show the six sets that have Cubs cards over the next few days and today I'll start with the two 1989 sets.

 

Two Cubs are in the basic 1989 set, Christopher Morel and Ryne Sandberg.  Ryno also has a card in the actual 1989 set, so let's see how the two compare.

 

He's got the same over-the-shoulder look in both cards.  The picture on this year's version is from 1990 - 1993.  Too bad they didn't use a picture from 1988 or 1989.

The Chrome Silver Pack set has three Cubs.
  
 


Here's the sad part... I've shown five of the nine Cubs inserts in the first series.  Just three players are represented.  And in the other four inserts, which I'll have tomorrow, Topps uses these same three players.  

Nine total inserts, just three players.  That I find to be quite boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment