Monday, August 13, 2018

A Late Arriving Ginter Relic

Today I've got a late-arriving Ginter mini-framed relic.  It is really late, like a year later.


This is from the 2017 Ginter set, which means I've been chasing it for a year.  It was short-printed, so few were available and the cost was high. 

A few weeks ago one finally popped up for auction on Ebay after a long drought. I set my sniper and waited.  In fact I had to wait extra as it was a ten day auction.  In the end I lost out as my bid came up short.  Rats!

But just a few days later another on showed up, this time as a Buy-it-now / Best Offer.  The price was higher than the closing price of the auction card.  I wondered if the auction winner was trying to flip the card.  For the heck of it I submitted a Best Offer several dollars lower than what the auction card went for.

A day later my offer was accepted!  I got the card for less than the auction price. 

Patience pays... or more accurately, patience saves.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking card. Love framed relics. Didn't realize they had SP's. Then again... it's Topps, so I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete