Friday, October 5, 2018

2018 Heritage Minors Cubs

The Minor League version of Heritage came out last week and I was able to get my hands on a Cubs set.  Cubs prospects are included on nine of the 200 cards on the checklist.

Gone are the days when the Cubs system had hyped names like Bryant, Baez, Almora, and Schwarber.  We all knew those names and were waiting impatiently for the day they would be called to the big league club.

Of the nine future Cubs in the set, I recognize only one name, though I must admit that I don't follow the Cubs system too carefully.

Time will tell what sort of contribution they'll make to the Cubs in the future.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. I've heard of all of them and the talent here is marginal at best. Many of the players have potential, but it is only potential at this point.
    Burks, for instance, was probably given a card a card because he played in the AZ Fall League last year, but he took a step backwards this year if you ask me.
    Alzolay started the season late due to injuries, pitched in 8 games, then was shut down. I like his arm, but can he stay healthy?
    Jose Albertos? A WHIP over 3.00 in 30+ innings this year.
    Ademan finished just above the Mendoza line in 2018 with no power.
    Velazquez is toolsy, but a career 0.233 hitter in the low minors.
    De la Cruz is being groomed as a starter, but has never reached 80 innings in six different minor league seasons.
    Little and Lange were both first round picks in 2017, with Lange pitching the better of the two by showing back of the rotation promise.

    Mekkes is my favorite, by far, of this group. He has a chance to be throwing out of the bullpen for the Cubs in 2019.
    It's a shame that he's the one sharing a card with other players.

    ReplyDelete