Monday, February 18, 2019

Metz Cubz

I've got another of the many smaller sets that I've recently acquired.  Today's set is from the Metz Baking Company.

Metz was a name I was unfamiliar with.  I expected the company to be from the New York area.  Mets = Metz.  I turns out that they were midwest-based.  The company had roots in Sioux City, Iowa.

The Metz set came out in 1993.  The sets consists of 40 unnumbered cards.  The fronts are either yellow with blue stripes or blue with yellow stripes.  There are 20 of each combination, but no particular reason for a player or team to have a particular color. The pictures are not actual photographs, but drawings.  The drawings make the lack of logos seem a little less jarring.

Three Cubs made the checklist, two in yellow and one in blue.

 




5 comments:

  1. Never seen these before. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find sets like these very cool. Nice purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mark on Dunston's cap makes it seem like the "C" is either falling off or way off center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen these before, but I'm a fan of any oddball issue. They remind me of something you'd find out of a baseball card magazine.

    ReplyDelete