Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Wonder Bread Cubs

Yesterday's cards came from a baking company I had never heard of.  Today I've got a much more familiar name, Wonder Bread.


Those colored circles are instantly recognizable.  Wonder Bread helps build strong bodies 12 ways.

The Wonder set came out during the 1990 season.  Cards were found in specially-marked loaves.  The logoless set has 20 different cards, including two Cubs.

 

Sandberg was at the top of his game in 1990 and Jerome Walton was coming off of his rookie of the year season.  Seeing them included was not a big surprise.


2 comments:

  1. I grew up eating Wonder Bread. They're as much as a part of my childhood as Hostess, Atari, and Kenner Star Wars action figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best condition Sandberg Wonder Bread card I've ever seen. Most of them have printing defects or good wrinkles/creases.

    ReplyDelete