Thursday, February 21, 2019

The I Don't Know Which Name to Use Cubs Cards

So what name do I use?

The 2019 Series One checklist includes an insert set called "Superstars of Baseball."  The set has 100 cards that are numbered SSB1 through SSB100.  We can all assume that SSB stands for Superstars of Baseball.

So far, so good.

 
 
  

 
   
 

So why is the name of the front of the card "Stars of the Game"?  Do the design people and the checklist folks not talk with one another?  Doesn't anyone proofread the cards?

Aside from the name issues, I also had collecting issues.  This is one of the sets that I didn't get from Brentandbecca.  I was lucky enough to pull the Rizzo card from the packs I bought.  I found one Ebay seller that had the rest.  But he didn't.  So I was refunded and had to go hunt a second time.  This time it took three sellers to get the missing six.  But now I've got them and I have series one wrapped up.


2 comments:

  1. These large insert sets are too much for me. Although, I do like the simple design and the background.
    Is the Murphy card a photo-shopped picture of him in a Nats uniform? Something just doesn't look quite right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Cub picture
      https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/daniel-murphy-of-the-chicago-cubs-hits-a-solo-home-run-in-news-photo/1030107696
      I think it looks off because all of the other cards in the set use posed pictures from the spring training photo day.

      Delete