Tuesday, June 9, 2020

2017 Talent Pipeline

As I was putting my 2020 Bowman cards into my binder, I looked back over a couple of the previous years' releases.  In particular, I wanted to see who was in the Talent Pipeline cards.

Here's the card from 2017.



Single A - Eloy Jimenez
Double A - Ian Happ
Triple A - Mark Zagunis

All three players have had big league time, though Jimenez has seen his on the other side of town.  Jimenez is the player with the highest projected up-side.  Happ struggled last year and spent most of it in AAA.  Zagunis is a marginal big leaguer.  But Topps was three for three with this one, so kudos to them.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize Eloy was a Cub until I picked up some of his 1st Bowmans a few weeks ago. That was a pretty good trade for the Sox.

    ReplyDelete