Wednesday, August 7, 2024

2024 Donruss Cubs

 Before I show the cards, a question.  Didn't Panini lose both their MLB and MLBPA licenses?  Last year's set was made up of retired players and players not yet on the 40-man roster.  And I haven't heard anything about that changing.

 

So how is it that there are 2024 cards of Suzuki and Crow-Armstrong? Do they have specific contracts with those players?

Sammy Sosa is the only other Cub in the blue bordered subset.

 

The green cards are the Rated Prospects, and it has three Cubs.

This year's Donruss has Diamond Kings as an insert set instead of being a subset of the main set as in the past.  This is the only insert I bought.

4 comments:

  1. As to PCA and Suzuki, I am thinking it is an old deal that probably did not expire yet. - I wonder how much of a prospect the other three guys are

    ReplyDelete
  2. PCA was still rookie-eligible this season, so that's how he gets in. A lot of those guys who are still technically "prospects" even though they've made their MLB debuts are included.

    But obviously that doesn't explain Suzuki. I have no idea how he's in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of uniform is PCA wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that is a military appreciation day uniform from one of the minor league teams.

      Delete