Saturday, August 17, 2024

Eighties Alphabetically - Holsum

Last week's cards came from Hills, a store I had never heard of.  Today's cards come from a brand I'm very familiar with, Holsum bread.


I remember having many a PB&J sandwich on two slices of Holsum bread that came out of a bright orange wrapper.

The jingle from their commercials is running through my head now, too... 
H - O - L - S - U - M, 
H - O - L - S - U - M, 
H - O - L - S - U - M, lets be friends"

They too jumped into the baseball card craze in the late '80s with a disc set produced by Michael Schechter Associates.  It was without an MLB license, like most MSA products, meaning logoless pictures.


The set featured 20 players, including the Cubs' Mark Grace.

Holsum also issued the same 20-disc set in Canada, with their Canadian partner, Schafer's

1 comment:

  1. Got to be another regional thing, I've known Hills almost my whole life, while the only time I've heard of "Holsum" is with these discs.

    ReplyDelete