Friday, August 9, 2024

Christopher Morel Update

 

It's been a little more than a week since the Cubs traded Christopher Morel to the Rays, with the Cubs getting Isaac Paredes in return.

Morel hit a home run in each of his first two games with the Rays.  Some Cubs fans went crazy, thinking that he never should have been traded.  Personally, while I liked the energy he brought, I wasn't excited about his all or nothing approach at the plate nor his defense.

I looked into just how well he was doing with the Rays.

Truth is, he isn't doing well at all.  He's played in seven games for Tampa and his batting average with them is .120. Besides those two home runs he has just one other hit while wearing a Rays uniform.  Like I said earlier, for him it was all or nothing.

Paredes hasn't been tearing it up either, but his average with the Cubs is .195 and that is robust compared to Morel.  He's also been an asset at third base while Morel was a liability. 

1 comment:

  1. I like Paredes, I started to notice him in early 2023. I think he finished with 98 RBIs last year.

    ReplyDelete