Saturday, August 10, 2024

Eighties Alphabetically - Hills


I had never heard of the Hills department store chain until I saw their baseball cards.  They had no stores in the Chicago area, so the name was a mystery to me.

There were many department stores that produced cards in the 80's and 90's.  Hills teamed with Topps to make two sets, one in 1989 and the other the following year.


This is the lone Cubs card in their 1989 set, Team MVPs.  There are 33 cards in the set, so some teams have more than one MVP.  But doesn't that go contrary to the word "most".  Can a team have more than one "most"?

4 comments:

  1. When I lived in Buffalo, it was hard to miss a Hills, there were like a dozen of them. I even worked at one during summer in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember the jingle: "Hills is where the toys are!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have any Hills in my area. No Ames either. Luckily there were enough Kmarts and Kaybees to keep collectors in my area entertained,

    ReplyDelete