Monday, January 12, 2009

What's Next

Thanks to all of you who commented or emailed me over the weekend. I was looking for guidance on what to get next after completing my Topps, Topps Heritage, Donruss, and Fleer Cubs team sets. I appreciate the advice.

Taking your suggestions into account, and after looking things over, I h
ave given myself a three-headed project (monster, maybe??) to complete.



I am going to put together Cubs team sets from Upper Deck, Score, and Pinnacle. All three of these brands didn't even
exist when I got away from collecting, so I thought these would be a good place to start up. I'm looking forward to seeing what each of these has/had to offer. I checked ebay and found many of the team sets are available for under $2.00 each. My budget can handle that.

Although many of the team sets were on the bay, there were also several missing. These I'm going to have to get the old fashioned way: card shops, singles purchases, trades, and good old fashioned begging.

All of the Score and Pinnacle sets were found, so I am looking for any Cubs players from these Upper Deck years:

1997
1998
2000
2002
2003
2005
2006

Let the quest begin!!


1 comment:

  1. You might want to try Neil Hoppenworth cards for the missing items. He's going to be a little on the pricey side, but those sets are pretty affordable. I've used him as I built my Cubs collection, which is similar to yours. I've got the Topps from 52-present, the UD from 89-present, and like many of the other posters, enjoy the Heritage sets. The Fleer Tradition in the early 21st century were nice too, while they lasted. www.hoppenworthcards.com. Also check out the Topps 55 card boxed set from this year if you haven't seen that. It's missing Fukudome, but has lots of great cards that you'll appreciate, including Gerald Perry and Alan Trammell in full Cubs gear!

    ReplyDelete