Saturday, July 11, 2009

Allen & Ginter is Coming My Way



I really like the whole concept of the Allen and Ginter sets. This is one product that I've really enjoyed since getting back into the hobby. I was seriously toying with the idea of building a set of this, so I started poking around ebay (there aren't any stores around here that will carry it) to see what it would cost me.

Well, I found hobby boxes going for around $75 - $80 plus shipping. With 144 base cards per box, we're talking at least three boxes to complete the set. And that is relying of decent collating, which is not a good bet. The other inserts, relics etc. are OK, but they don't really interest me all that much.

Then I found a complete set of the 300 regular cards, the 50 short prints, and the 75 National Pride card for $60 with free shipping. Busting the packs and assembling the set is fun, but it can also be frustrating and expensive. Shame on me, but I want the instant gratification.

I hit the Buy It Now button and the set should ship out by the 13th. I anxiously await its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment