Friday, July 24, 2009

Goudey 4 in 1 Cubs

While everyone else has been busy with their Allen and GInter, I've been putting together a Cubs team set from the Goudey 4 in 1 cards. These cards are based on the 1935 Goudey 4 in 1 set. The backs of the original cards were also puzzle pieces, with nine needed to form a picture. It would have been cool is Upper Deck had done that, too. I remember several Topps sets in the late '60's and 70's had subsets with card backs that formed a large picture. Have any sets done that recently?

I couldn't find any checklists that listed the players on these cards by team, so I just had to carefully scan the list to see which cards I would need. I hope I've got them all.

There were 12 cards that have Cubs players. Three Cubs from the past, Ron Santo, Ryne Sandberg, and Billy Williams, were featured, along with current players Harden, Fukudome, Ramirez, Soriano, Lee, Soto, and Zambrano.

I'll start with the cards that show only Cubs. There were four of them.










And then, the other eight, with Cubs mixed in with other players. All of these have some theme that connects the four players.



Pitchers



Pitchers, again



Pitchers, one more time



First Basemen



Second Basemen



Third Basemen



Asian players?



Rookie Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment